This three-day GD&T course is a comprehensive GD&T course focused on practical application.
- Review the basic concepts and introduce the more complex concepts of the Y14.5 standard
- Provide Participants with the knowledge of proper Datum Feature selection and specification.
- Enable participants to properly interpret and apply each of the Y14.5 controls and rules.
- Enable participants to calculate functional tolerances for position and other tolerances.
- Continue preparing the participants for the ASME GDTP certification exams.
Price: $850 (3 days public course)
The program begins with a review of GD&T, then continues with practical team exercises designed to enhance knowledge, build confidence, and nurture a team environment. This class is a minimum lecture, maximum experience and participation format. The subject matter covered is (as a minimum):
- Introduction – Objectives, review Basic GD&T.
- General rules of dimensioning and drafting review.
- Review of the more complex controls – composite position, projected tolerance zone, etc.
- Datum Reference Frames – proper selection and utilization exercises.
- Calculating tolerances for maximum producibility and 100% interchangeability.
- Functional gauge design – “Soft” or “Paper” as well as tooled gauges
Who Should Attend
This program is designed for anyone who is currently familiar and proficient with the concepts and practices of GD&T. Particular emphasis is placed on those who are responsible for specifying, and interpreting, technical documentation. Individuals desiring to become a certified Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing Professional (GDTP) by passing the ASME GDTP exam will need this course.
Basic GD&T, or equivalent experience.
At GDTC we are particularly concerned that the individuals that we teach actually retain that which we and their companies have worked so hard to present. This concern is precisely why we offer, for each participant of any GDTC seminar, access to the instructor of the course who will be available to answer any follow on questions after the course via telephone or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have been through the GD&T Basic course, and you need to gain confidence in applying the principles of GD&T to the operations of manufacturing, quality control, and verification processes, this course is for you.
In this advanced GD&T program, you will learn the knowledge and skills required to select and apply geometric controls to drawings per ASME Y14.5 standard. You will also learn to perform calculations associated with GD&T derived from the engineering drawings.
Get In Touch
Ready to register or have questions?
This program is a complete introduction to the Y14.5 standard. In this program we will focus on the “what, when, why and how” of GD&T. Topics covered include: General rules of dimensioning and drafting per the standard • Tolerance Zones • GD&T symbology and definitions of controls • “Bonus” Tolerance • Datum Reference Frames.
In this program, we focus on the effects of GD&T-specified tolerances. The program begins with a review of GD&T, then continues with practical team exercises designed to educate each participant in how to properly determine the worst-case effects of specified tolerances.