GD&T FOR inspectors
GD&T FOR INSPECTORS/CMM PROGRAMMERS
3-Day Seminar Course Description
This three-day course is an advanced GD&T course designed specifically for those who must operate, program, or interpret the output of measuring devices.
- Review the concepts of the Y14.5 standard
- Expand the participants’ knowledge of the concepts and the language of the Y14.5 standard as it pertains to inspection.
- Gain confidence in using the Y14.5 standard.
- Recognize measurement software, hardware, and measurement philosophy strengths and weaknesses.
- Develop work-arounds to overcome measurement devices weaknesses.
Price: $1000 (public 3-day course)
Program Outline The program begins with a review of GD&T, then continues with practical evaluation of CMM measurement philosophy and capabilities, as well as its pitfalls. The subject matter covered is (as a minimum):
- Introduction – Objectives, review GD&T.
- CMM operation – concepts, philosophy, practice, and misconceptions
- CMM software – what is being calculated per the ASME/ANSI Y14.5 standard and what is not
- Datum features of size.
- Review of the Datum at Virtual Condition Rule
- Work-arounds for the shortcomings
- Review of actual prints (participant and instructor supplied) including actually measuring on the CMM.
Who Should Attend This program is designed for anyone who is responsible for operating, programming, or interpreting the results from a measuring device. It is not specific to any particular CMM software package or device manufacturer. You’ll receive FREE course materials, to which you will refer often!
Prerequisites: A strong working knowledge of GD&T and measuring techniques. Fundamentals of GD&T is suggested or instructor permission. At GDTC we are particularly concerned that the individuals that we teach actually retain that which we and their companies have worked so hard to present. This concern is precisely why we offer, for each participant of any GDTC seminar, access to the instructor of the course who will be available to answer any follow on questions after the course via telephone or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are responsible for inspection of parts having GD&T specification, this course is for you. This program is a continuation of your education in the Y14.5 standard. In this program, we focus on the application and interpretation of GD&T as it pertains to measurement devices.
You will learn the language of GD&T and how to read the GD&T specification. You will be able to recognize what has to be inspected, how to inspect the specification and why a GD&T call-out needs to be inspected using specific principles.
Get In Touch
Ready to register or have questions?
This program is designed for anyone who designs, drafts, engineers, purchases, manufactures, estimates, or inspects parts and assemblies. Particular emphasis is placed on those who design and manufacture, and those responsible for quality.
The program begins with a review of GD&T, then continues with practical exercises designed to enhance knowledge, and build confidence. This program is designed for those who are responsible for specifying, and interpreting, GD&T call-outs on engineering drawings.
This is a general overview for those who need to read GD&T call-outs on prints. Those who attend will leave with a foundational knowledge of GD&T needed to interpret drawings. This is not a comprehensive course.
- Learn gauge design principles/tolerances and allowances
- Ways to avoid commonly used but improper gauging and inspection techniques
- Inspection machines
- Substitute systems
- Surface plate inspection and much more.