GD&t FOR MFG
GD&T for Manufacturing
This course is for your manufacturing personnel who are attempting to and read and interpret the Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T) per the ASME Y14.5 standard that your designers have put on the prints, but who don’t have the need to apply GD&T to prints.
- Understand the difference between a Product (finished part) drawing and a Process drawing
- Explore the 3 Perspectives of Users of Drawings (Design, Manufacturing and Inspection)
- Learn how to effectively read a drawing
- Learn how to read GD&T callouts
- Learn how to make and measure parts specified with GD&T callouts
This course is usually presented as an on-site program.
Price: $300 (public 1-day course)
This program covers some basic print reading and the definitions of the GD&T symbols. The subject matter covered is (as a minimum):
- Reading a drawing, both process and product drawing, and how to determine the difference
- Types of features of your parts
- GD&T symbols and definitions of controls
- Tolerance Zones – definition, concepts, comparison to existing systems.
- Datum Reference Frames – definition and proper construction and selection
- Reading a Feature Control Frame
Who Should Attend
This program is designed for manufacturing personnel, but not limited to them. This is a general overview for those who need to read GD&T callouts on prints. Those who attend will leave with a foundational knowledge of GD&T needed to interpret drawings. This is not a comprehensive course. Additional training is recommended for those who need a more in-depth understanding of how to apply GD&T.
Basic print reading skills are desired. Your drawings must correctly meet the ASME Y14.5 standard.
At GDTC we are particularly concerned that the individuals that we teach actually retain that which their companies and we have worked so hard to present. This concern is precisely why we offer, for each participant of any GDTC seminar, access to the instructor of the course who will be available to answer any follow up questions after the course via telephone or e-mail us at email@example.com.
Your engineers have GD&T on your drawings, but your manufacturing staff can’t interpret it! If you have been attempting to work with GD&T, and you lack the confidence to interpret the specifications, this course is for you. Using GD&T improperly can be worse than not using it at all! This program is an introduction to the Y14.5 standard.
The main goal is to bring all participants to a basic and operational level of understanding of GD&T. This course is designed for manufacturing personnel who need to read GD&T specifications on engineering drawings.
Attendees will gain basic print reading skills and learn how to read GD&T on your prints. This will allow them to determine the best method to manufacture the parts, leading to more efficiency and reduced scrap rates and time in manufacturing.
Get In Touch
Ready to register or have questions?
- Introduce the concepts and some of the language of the Y14.5 standard.
- Enable participants to understand each of the Y14.5 standard’s symbols.
- Bring participants to a fundamental understanding of Datum Reference Frames.
- Understand the definitions and the effects of Material Condition Modifiers.
- Begin to prepare the participants for the ASME GDTP certification exams.
This program is designed for anyone who is currently familiar and proficient with the concepts and practices of GD&T. Particular emphasis is placed on those who are responsible for specifying, and interpreting, technical documentation. Individuals desiring to become a certified Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing Professional (GDTP) by passing the ASME GDTP exam will need this course.
This three-day course is an advanced GD&T course designed specifically for those who must operate, program, or interpret the output of measuring devices.
- Introduce the most important and most widely utilized concepts of the Y14.5 standard
- Enable participants to calculate minimum and maximum tolerance accumulations when Y14.5 control symbols appear on drawings.
- Continue preparing the participants for the ASME GDTP certification exams.