TOLERANCE STACK ANALYSIS
Tolerance Stack-Up Analysis
This two-day GD&T course is an advanced GD&T tolerance accumulation analysis course.
- Introduce the most important and most widely utilized concepts of the Y14.5 standard
- Enable participants to calculate minimum and maximum tolerance accumulations when Y14.5 control symbols appear on drawings.
- Continue preparing the participants for the ASME GDTP certification exams.
Price: $600 (public 2-day course)
The program begins with a review of GD&T, then continues with practical team exercises designed to educate each participant in how to properly determine the worst-case effects of specified tolerances. This class is a minimum lecture, maximum experience and participation format. The subject matter covered is (as a minimum):
- Introduction – Objectives, review GD&T.
- Review of the most complex controls and rules.
- Tolerance stack-up analysis
- Review of actual prints (participant and instructor supplied.)
Who Should Attend
This program is designed for anyone who is extremely familiar and proficient with the concepts and practices of GD&T. Particular emphasis is placed on those who are responsible for specifying, and analyzing tolerances. Individuals desiring to become a certified Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing Professional (GDTP) by passing the ASME GDTP exam should take this course.
Fundamentals and Advanced GD&T, or equivalent experience.
At GDTC we are particularly concerned that the individuals that we teach actually retain that which we and their companies have worked so hard to present. This concern is precisely why we offer, for each participant of any GDTC seminar, access to the instructor of the course who will be available to answer any follow on questions after the course via telephone or email us at email@example.com.
If you have been through the Fundamentals and Advanced GD&T levels, and you’re responsible for determining the effects of tolerances, this is the course for you.
You will learn the principles used to perform tolerance stack calculations associated with GD&T derived from the engineering drawing. The course uses a step by step approach using simple parts that include key but often overlooked contributors in tolerance stack-up calculations.
Get In Touch
Ready to register or have questions?
This 3 days course is an introduction to the ASME Y14.5 standard. The main goal is to bring all participants to a common, basic and operational level of understanding of the rules, definitions, principles, and meanings of the symbols and modifiers of GD&T.
Topics covered include:
- Review of the more complex controls – composite position, projected tolerance zone, etc.
- Datum Reference Frames – proper selection and utilization exercises.
- Calculating tolerances for maximum producibility and 100% interchangeability.
- Functional gauge design – “Soft” or “Paper” as well as tooled gauges.
In this program you will be able to:
- Identify and study to correct your specific weaknesses in your understanding and application of GD&T.
- Understand the GDTP Certification Exam layout and question structure.
- Compare your sample exam results with the standard and with colleagues.
If you are responsible for any aspect of the manufacturing process from design to inspection, you will benefit by attending this advanced GD&T course.
By learning the proper application of functional gauging and inspection techniques you will increase your production of quality parts. Discussions will cover inspection techniques currently available and show you when to use them.