FUNDAMENTALS OF GD&T
Fundamentals of GD&T
This course is an introduction to the ASME Y14.5 standard.
- Introduce the concepts and some of the language of the Y14.5 standard.
- Enable participants to understand each of the Y14.5 standard’s symbols.
- Bring participants to a fundamental understanding of Datum Reference Frames.
- Understand the definitions and the effects of Material Condition Modifiers.
- Begin to prepare the participants for the ASME GDTP certification exams.
Price: $900 $720 (offer 20% off all trainings)
The program begins with a bit of the history of GD&T, then we look at the cost of designing and manufacturing a part. We will compare the “old” methods of dimensioning and Tolerancing to the Y14.5 approach. In this analysis, we will demonstrate the strengths and advantages of GD&T as a design tool, as a manufacturing aid, as a purchasing (estimator) aid, and as an overall communications facilitating tool. We incorporate many practical exercises to enhance learning, and to increase confidence. The subject matter covered is (as a minimum):
- Introduction – Objectives, review of the “old” system versus GD&T
- General rules of dimensioning and drafting per the standard.
- Tolerance Zones – definition, concepts, comparison to existing systems.
- GD&T symbology and definitions of controls – particular emphasis on position tolerancing
- “Bonus” Tolerance – definition and how to take advantage of them
- Datum Reference Frames – definition and proper construction and selection
Who Should Attend
This program is designed for anyone who designs, drafts, engineers, purchases, manufactures, estimates, or inspects parts and assemblies. Particular emphasis is placed on those who design and manufacture, and those responsible for quality.
A working understanding of technical drawings (perspectives, sections, details, etc.). GD&T Overview and Print Reading suggested.
At GDTC we are particularly concerned that the individuals that we teach actually retain that which their companies and we have worked so hard to present. This concern is precisely why we offer, for each participant of any GDTC seminar, access to the instructor of the course who will be available to answer any follow up questions after the course via telephone or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have been attempting to work with GD&T, and you lack the confidence to specify or are having trouble interpreting the specifications, this course is for you.
This program is a complete introduction to the Y14.5 standard. The main goal is to bring all participants to a common, basic and operational level of understanding.
All 14 geometric symbols used to control size, form, orientation and location are covered. Three big concepts in GD&T – Datum Theory, Rule #1, and Material Condition Modifiers are covered in the course.
GET IN TOUCH TODAY!
Mobile: + 65 9641 8859
Ready to register or have questions?
If you have been through the GD&T Basic Level, and you need more knowledge and skill to increase your effectiveness, this course is for you. This program is a continuation of your education in the Y14.5 standard. In this program, we focus on the application and interpretation of GD&T.
If you are responsible for operating a inspecting, this course is for you. This program is a continuation of your education in the Y14.5 standard. In this program, we focus on the application and interpretation of GD&T as it pertains to measurement devices.
This course is for your manufacturing personnel who are attempting to and read and interpret the Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T) per the ASME Y14.5 standard that your designers have put on the prints, but who don’t have the need to apply GD&T to prints.
This two-day GD&T course is an advanced GD&T tolerance accumulation analysis course. If you are responsible for determining the effects of tolerances, this is the course for you.